Pages

Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving Fun

We had a beautiful thanksgiving with Brandon's side of the family. His brother and sister-in-law flew up from Arizona so all the family was together. There were ten adults and 5 kids at our dinner table.

This being an Illguth dinner everything looked great. But before you start thinking that this was a super formal affair, here are some examples of how much fun we all had.
Melanie brought a bunch of lame Thanksgiving jokes to share. She would tell the joke (If April showers bring May flowers what do May flowers bring?) and then before anyone could even think of what the answer was her 5 year old son would shout out the answer. (Pilgrims)
Then the 5 year old would start telling his own jokes (Why did the turkey cross the road? To get more turkey) followed by Melanie laughing. To make it even better they were on opposite sides of the table. The jokes weren't that funny but the situation was.
We went around the table and said what we were Thankful for. Besides the standard answers of food, jobs, families and such there were some pretty funny responses. Some of them were, giraffes, rolls, NO, and Macintosh computers (you would have thought the dinner was sponsored by Macintosh for how much Bryan was talking about them)
The meal also featured many trips to the potty, a few squeals from the three month old baby, a discussion on the correct way to eat layered jello, and some finicky eaters. (For the record I was not one of the picky eaters- even though I am not a huge fan of Thanksgiving food)
By the end of the meal all the little kids were under the table having a great time. I was feeding them rolls like they were dogs. (Hey at least they were eating)

Later we played games and talked. It was a super fun day and I'm glad I have such wonderful in-laws. I am so glad that they appreciate silliness and fun.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like lots of fun :) The turkey suckers were super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a fun time reading about your Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers