Pages

Monday, April 6, 2009

Spring!!!!

I don't want to jinx it by saying so, but I think spring has finally found its way to Logan. For the first time in weeks we had a Sunny Sunday.

To celebrate spring here are pictures of my window box gardens.

Here is the only flower that has boomed so far. Last Sunday there was a big snow storm. I walked outside to go to church and found that the daffodil had bloomed in the middle of the snow.
Here is the view of our townhouse from the parking lot. You can kind of see all the window boxes.
I bought this little figurine years ago. It now makes a perfect garden ornament.

I've wanted to put window boxes on this wall ever since we moved in. Last October I planted bulbs in the window boxes and kept them on the balcony. Then a couple weeks ago I put them out on the wall.
I got the little spinney thing last Easter from my sister-in-law. It was hanging up in our bedroom but now it is out in the garden where it belongs.
Here is the view of the window boxes from our balcony.
Here is a box that will eventually have Sweet Peas growing in them. I used money I got for my birthday to buy more potting soil, this window box, and seeds.

And here is one last window box. While I am waiting for the tulips to bloom I've put mirrors into the dirt to be something pretty to look at.

When all the flowers start blooming I'll post more pictures.

6 comments:

  1. cute flowers! i can't believe that they have already bloomed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have brought beauty to an otherwise plain wall.
    Way to "Bloom where you are planted"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really thinking ahead to plant the bulbs last October. - Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can really tell you love flowers and spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the spring flowers, isn't it so nice to have them come up after a whole winter of waiting. What a great plan to do so many window boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!! I need to come see your place sometime, it looks way nice! Hasn't the RAIN just been great? It took me a little while to convince Sam that not everything that falls from the sky is snow :P

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers