Pages

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Cheysi is home!


Cheysi is the sister missionary on the left. ( I have a sneaking suspicion that the new "Sun Maid Raisin" girl used Cheysi's smile as a model.

I am so happy to know that Cheysi is back from her mission to Russia. The past year and a half has gone by quickly, but not quickly enough.

For those of you who don't know, Cheysi is one of my very best friends. Outside of Brandon and my family I love Cheysi the most. We worked together my first year at Snow Fun, but we didn't really get to know each other well that summer. We both knew a girl named Melissa who we both didn't like, but we thought the other was friends with. Then the last week I lived in Ephraim we discovered that we were not friends with Melissa. (Funny what brings you together)

Then the next summer I ran into Cheysi right away. All she could say was "You're back, You're back!" We were pretty much inseparable the rest of the summer. Our numbers for Snow fun were right by each other so we were always assigned together. We got to co-host my Stake when they came for Youth Conference. We also basically ran the ropes course the entire month of August too. I lived with Cheysi's family for about 3 weeks and it was so fun to be her "sister."

Then all too soon the summer ended and it was time for me to move to Logan. I could sense that my life was at a crossroads and that I probably would get married in the next year, and Cheysi was hoping to go on a mission. I never even really said good bye to her. I was asleep when she left for work, and she hadn't come home when I had to leave Ephraim. That was probably the best way to do it though since we would have bawled our eyes out. I haven't seen her since then

Cheysi left for the MTC about a week before I got married. We've kept up through letters and e-mails. She always has the most positive attitude. She got home yesterday, now I can't wait to see her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers