Pages

Monday, October 27, 2008

My friend Brittney had her mission farewell on Sunday. Brit is my sister's age, but she has always been my friend. At girls camp she would go along with whatever I was doing. She was always a good help when I needed something done. Later when I went to Snow College I taked her into applying there. She came and slept on my extra bed when she had to audition for a Drama sholarship. I initiated her into the world of college pranks by taking her with to "string" the yard of some boys in my ward. After I graduated from Snow she started her first year there. The next summer I moved back down to Ephraim to be a Youth Conference Councelor. I talked Brittney into working with me and being my roommate (she found the awesome house we lived in that summer). We had a super fun time and made a bunch of memories. After that summer I moved to Logan and met Brandon. At my wedding reception Brittney was one of the girls I choose to have sit at my sign in table. Now she is going on her mission to Bolivia.
Her farewell was great. It was at her singles ward. A lot of our friends from the 5th ward showed up. It was almost like a fifth ward reunion. Back before hardly any of us were old enough to date there was a group of us in the 5th ward who would hang out together. I remember watching the "Singles Ward" countless times with them. We would go toilet papering just about every weekend. Ward activities were always fun. Once we all ended up at a birthday party for a friend of mine. We were ALL squished on a couch and were laughing and joking together. Another girl from our stake came over and looked at us and said, "It that the Fifth ward? Are you guys always together?" To which we replied in unison, "YES."
We've moved away, gone to school, got married, and/or started carears since then. But whenever we are together we still have that old love and goofiness. I hope in a year and a half when Brittney comes home we will all be able to come together for her homecoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers