Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Brandon's ring

That last post has a picture of our wedding rings. Take a good look at Brandon's ring because you may never see it again. He lost the ring at work on Tuesday. He works for the grounds crew at USU and was planting some bushes. The ring started out on his hand and then it was gone. So we figure it is now buried in the dirt.
He's lost the ring before. In February we were playing in the snow at the Logan tabernacle and the ring slipped off his hand as he threw a snow ball at me. We had to wait six weeks for the snow to melt before we found the ring. I don't think we will get that lucky this time. (Though I guess we could wait for a landslide or something.)
I bought that ring on overstock.com for less than a hundred dollars so it's not a big deal to replace it. Still any other ring will not have the same emotional meaning. I jokingly told Brandon that I'm going to buy a ring that looks just like the old one and then "find" the ring in his pocket as I'm doing laundry. That way we can lie to ourselves that it is the same ring.
I looked on Overstock yesterday and couldn't find any tungsten rings exactly like it. So until he can decide what else to get we are still holding on to some hope that the ring can be found.

1 comment:

  1. Shame on Bran. Next time you'll just have to Tatoo a ring on. He he he

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers