Last night we got home from 5 days of vacation bliss. Sure it rained more than I would have liked, and the kids whined for gum more than I thought was possible. But overall it was amazing to finally take a break from reality and have fun as a family.
We went up to the mountains of Northern Alabama and went hunting for waterfalls. We had a blast.
I really really really want to start telling you all about all the fun we had. And I really want to start writing about all the places we found. But my laundry room is full of a huge pile of laundry that smells like campfire smoke. So I've got to take care of that first.
But I wanted to at least do a little sneak peek of everything we did.
So here you have a picture or two (or three) from each day.
On Day One we traveled to our campsite at De Soto State Park. Then, despite the rain, we went to see De Soto Falls.
Day Two took us up to Ruby Falls in Chattanooga Tennessee. I've wanted to see this waterfall basically my whole life, but I didn't know about it until about 9 months ago. It's a waterfall INSIDE a cave. And it was everything I was hoping it would be.We also explored a tiny bit of downtown Chattanooga and crossed a bridge that spanned the Tennessee River.
Day Three was a day for hanging around the DeSoto State Park. We found Lodge Falls.
Then we went to the Litter River Canyon and found the large waterfall there.
And later we went back to the state park and found Laurel Falls.
On Day Four we took a break from all the nature and went to the US Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville. They had so much cool stuff there, but my favorite thing was getting to sit inside the actual simulator for the Apollo Command Module.
And then we went to find Highfalls Waterfall in Geraldine, Alabama.
Day 5 was our last day. We said good bye to our campsite in De Soto State Park but stopped to see Indian Falls on our way out of the park.
Then we went to Noccalula Falls Park and were amazed by the waterfall there.
And then because we could, and because we are slightly crazy, we went for a hike to the alcove under the falls.
Yeah it was an amazing week. And I can't wait to tell you all about it. Let's pray I can get that laundry pile tackled soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment
What do you think?