Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Weight loss: Month 2

Veronica had her 15 month well baby check up today.  Since I don't own a scale I asked the nurse if I could take a turn on the scale too.  Veronica weighed 26 lbs and 5 oz.  I weighed 222.6.

That means I've lost a whole pound since I weighed in a month ago.  I'm kind of disappointed that I haven't lost more weight.  But that month included Christmas, New Year's, and a few days that I didn't feel well so I've decided to be happy that I didn't gain any weight.  

It's also possible that I've gained a little bit of muscle mass while losing some fat.  I'm okay with that.
  
My plans for this month are to really push myself.  I don't know if it's possible to meet my goal of weighing 200 lbs by my birthday on February 7th.  But I'm going to come as close as possible.

My friend Natalie invited me to do an online health challenge for the next 5 weeks.  It's basically the same stuff I've been doing, but I earn points for doing it.  This challenge should really help me stay accountable.  If any of you are interested in the challenge too, let me know.  I get points for inviting people to join.

Anyway, thanks for your support.  I like knowing that so many people are rooting for me.

1 comment:

  1. I have gotten up to 220lbs with two of my pregnancies. I could not lose weight after my son no matter what I did. I was so disappointed and frustrated. I saw a personal trainer at the gym and decided to talk to her. I didn't have enough money to sign up but she chatter with me. She told me that after you have a baby it is really important to do cardio AND weight lifting at least 5 days a week. The weight lifting is so important because the more muscle you have the faster you lose weight. My little boy is 2.5 years and I am down to 153lbs. I have SO much more energy. I attribute the weight loss and the energy boost to weight lifting. If you aren't lifting -start now! If you have been lifting -hang in there! I didn't lose any weight (not even 1lb) until month 3 of weight lifting. But then the weight just fell off so easy! Also, make sure you are getting sleep. I know it is hard with kids (I have 3) but if you don't sleep 8 hours a day, you will not lose weight. Sleep deprivation messes up your metabolism. HANG IN THERE! YOU CAN DO IT!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers