People often comment on how similar Derrick and Veronica look. The similarities are actually a little uncanny. It's impossible to have identical boy/girl twins. But I think that somehow I ended up with identical boy/girl siblings. See for yourself.
Here's Veronica. She will be 9 months old in 4 days.
And here is Derrick at the same age.
Derrick is a little bit blonder and a little bit bigger, but other than that they look pretty much exactly alike.
For the fun of it, here are pictures of Charlotte and Lydia at close to the same age.
Here's Charlotte. I've always thought that Veronica reminded me of Charlotte. In fact, when Veronica first came home from the hospital I would get mixed up and call her Charlotte all the time.
And here is Lydia. Lydia's face has always been thinner than the other kids'.
I've been thinking about the similarities between the kids a lot lately. That's because tomorrow Veronica and Derrick will be roughly the same ages that Derrick and the twins were when we moved to Texas and into this house.
I see Veronica crawl around the living room and get excited about the ceiling fan and I remember Derrick doing the same thing. Or I see Derrick running all over the house and I remember how excited Charlotte and Lydia were to enter the house for the first time.
As of June 4th we've lived here 17 months. I keep remembering things from January 2013 which we have since labeled as "that awful month." Our jeep broke down, Brandon was sent to NTC almost as soon as we got here, our stuff took 3 weeks to show up, the kids all had diarrhea for days, our bank account was pretty much negative, I found out I was pregnant, and I hardly knew a soul here.
Based on that month alone, moving to Texas was a very bad idea.
And then I think about how things are now. We have two cars; our house is nicely furnished; the kids are healthy; we have money in saving and are making a dent in the student loans; Veronica is the cutest baby in the world; and I have lots of friends on my street and in the community.
Based on all that, moving to Texas was a great idea!
So even if things seem bad at first don't write everything off just yet. Things have a way of working out for the best.




I would love to see a post about how much your kids look like you. Veronica is your Twin, not Derricks.
ReplyDelete