Wow, did I really go a week without publishing a blog post? That was odd and unintentional. I blame my cousin Melissa. She handed me a book the other day and woke up the part of me that loves reading. I've spent the last few precious nap-times reading instead of blogging.
But don't worry. I've been writing a lot in my head during Derrick's late night feedings. So once I get time to write on the computer there will be some awesome blogs coming. (Three of which I've had inside of me for a while and the timing is finally right.)
For now though, you will just get a nice little picture review of the last few weeks.
Here are the girls enjoying breakfast. I'm fairly certain Lydia is the one in the white pajamas, but I could be wrong. Charlotte climbed up into her high chair for the first time ever the other day. Neither Brandon or I saw her do it. One second she was on the ground and the next she was in her chair waiting for her tray.
Brandon is enjoyed these last few weeks before he goes to Basic Training. He spends just about every free minute with the kids. The girls love him. Lydia loves to point to pictures of him and say, "Dah dee!!!" I'm dreading the day they realize he isn't coming home for a while. I just hope they figure it out on different days and I don't end up with two inconsolable children on the same day.Charlotte has become quite attached to several stuffed animals. Check out what she's done with them. I guess it's bed time for them too.
Lydia still loves her 75 cent baby doll that I gave her for Christmas. I have every intention of making that doll a real dress . . . . maybe.
It rained a few weeks ago and the girls had lots of fun with the water from the down spout.
Lydia has been on an anti-jeans kick for weeks. She refused to wear this dress until I showed her it had a skirt and was not pants. Then she was just fine with it.
Charlotte has a denim dress too. But this picture is actually of the lovely pen artwork she drew on her leg. She's started scribbling on everything lately.
This picture was actually taken a few seconds too late. I heard the girls giggling like crazy. I went into their room and discovered both of them standing on the arms of these chairs and looking out the window.
Here is Charlotte with her dolls again. This is how they usually spend the night - stuffed between the crib and the wall.
The other day I went through all Derrick's clothes because he now fits the 3 month clothes. (It's new for me to have a baby who's size matches his age) Lydia insisted on wearing one of his onesies. It fit around her torso, but as you can see she was too tall for it. (And if you look really closely you can see Charlotte in the box)We slept over at Brandon's parent's cottage on Friday. The girls loved the breakfast that Bestefar (Grandpa) made them.
We also went up to see the property where the new house will be built. Here are Steve and Brandon determining where the corner stake will go.
We also started putting him the floor a lot too. For the most part the girls know not to step on him. (Emphasis on for the most part) He rolled from front to back for the first time the other day. He is 3 1/2 months. The girls didn't start rolling until 5 1/2 months.
We had a branch barbecue the other day. Lydia wanted to play with all the balloons that were hanging from trees as decorations. We didn't let her have all of them, but she still ended up with a lot. Both girls love balloons, but I feel like balloons are just heartbreaks waiting to happen. We got some balloons from Little Caesars once and Charlotte's deflated pretty fast. She wanted me to blow it back up. I told her, "Sorry, I know it's sad, but I can't blow the balloon back up." Then she walked around the house holding the balloon and saying, "Sowwy, Sowwy, Sowwy" in the saddest little voice. The same thing inevitably happened with these balloons. After the BBQ I gave the girls a bath. Brandon was helping clean up so poor Derrick had to be all by himself on the floor. He ended up falling asleep this way. I was very tempted to just let him sleep the rest of the night in this position. But I ended up moving him to his bed because I was worried I might step on him.
Well that's all the pictures for now. I think I'm going to go read. (I'm reading The Big Year in case you are wondering.)


















Those kids changed so much in one week! - Mom
ReplyDelete