Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Minnie Me(s)

We took family pictures a few weeks ago.  I wanted the kids to have photographic proof that they have a dad.  That's not what this post is about though.  Take a good look at the girls . . . 
 . . . And then take a look at me in this picture.  I'm 4 years old in this picture (I couldn't quickly find a younger picture of me) so I'm a little older than the girls, but you can see how much we look alike.  Except for the curly hair I feel like I'm looking in a mirror when I look at my girls.  I love it!
By the way that picture is of me and two of my sisters.  Lindsey is two in the picture.  I think Lydia looks a lot like Lindsey as a kid.    

Anyway, the girls have started copying me.  They love to do whatever I'm doing.  Whether its emptying the dishwasher, putting away laundry, sweeping the floor, reading books, playing with Derrick, whatever it is they want to be a part of it too.  Of course they always put their own spin on it as you can see in this picture.    
Charlotte loves to get her vacuum out and bump it into the big one while I vacuum the floor.  You can see her doing that in this picture.  
And before you think I'm some sort of super clean freak, here is what the bedroom usually looks like. (It's worse right now)
The other day, on a whim, I handed Charlotte the plates and told her to set the table.  She put them all exactly where they should go.  So I handed her the forks, and then the cups and she put them in the right places too.  (Then she added the play goblets as I got the camera.)  Lydia did it the next day.

Another day the girls saw me writing on my calender.  They wanted to write on it too.  Since my calender is my sanity there was no way I was letting them do that.
But I made them their own calenders to write on.  They loved them.

 Here is a random picture of Derrick because I'm trying to do better at taking his picture.  He's so cute.  He'll smile and laugh at the drop of a hat.  Yesterday I put him on his tummy and put a book in front of him.  Lydia came over and laid down on the other side of the book and flipped the pages and pointed out things to him. She is so good at including him in everything.  She also likes to take the remote and hold it up to his ear so he can talk on the phone too.
The girls have also started talking a lot.  It's still just one word at a time, but I am so happy to have a means of communication.  Lydia used to stand at my legs and do the most annoying sounding cry.  Now she stands at my legs and says, "see?"  And I'm like, "oh you're not trying to drive me insane.  You just want to see what I'm doing!"  Words are wonderful!

I must say "eww poopy"  a lot when I change diapers, because now that is what Charlotte says every time I lay her down to change her diaper.  

The girls started saying thank you (tank you) a few weeks ago.  So I started saying "You're Welcome" back to them.  That confused Lydia so now she says you're welcome (well come) instead of Thank you.  It's so cute.  I filmed her doing it when we were at the cabin.  
 
The girls also have a few other things in common with me.  Stubborn and independent streaks a mile wide.  Oh boy, the next few years are going to be fun.

1 comment:

  1. They do look a lot like you! I always imagined I would have a "little me". Maybe sometime in the future!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers