Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

November Relief Society Meeting

My branch's assigned night for Relief Society Meetings is the first Tuesday in November.  So that meant that I was in charge of an activity the day after Halloween and the girls' birthday.  Not the best situation, but oh well.

I asked the Branch President for suggestions on what we should do, and he said that some people had asked for an activity about Emergency Preparedness.  One of the people who had suggested the activity really took off and started collecting lots of pamphlets from the Red Cross and United Way.  She did so much and I was so happy that I didn't have to worry about any of it. She talked about each pamphlet.  It was the best collection of pamphlets I have ever seen.  

We also had a former branch member come and talk about food storage.  She did a great job.  I loved having her talk because she has lived for years in the type of apartments that we have in the branch so she knows all about our space constraints.  

When the two ladies were done we put together these cute little sewing kits.  
I had everything set up on an assembly line.
I wanted it to be easy to put together, so I sorted it out.  I'm glad I did that because the speakers talked until 8:30 so we didn't have much time for the jars.

We only had 8 attendees, but considering Halloween was the day before I think that was just fine.  

It was a great activity, and I learned a few new things.  I was really happy that I didn't have to do anything with food.  (That was a nice thing about having it the day after Halloween)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers