I love jewelery. I have tons of earings, necklaces, bracelets, rings, hair things, you name it. But unfortunately I sometimes misplace earings. I've been holding on to the unlost jewelery in the hopes that some day I would find the match, but a couple weeks ago I faced reality. I was probably never going to find the earings that I lost 2 or 3 apartments ago. So I decided to make a really cute present for my niece with what I did have.
I started with a $1 picture frame from DI.
I sorted out all the mismatched earings and the ones I hardly ever wear.
Brandon sanded down the picture frame and puttied the corners.
Then I painted the frame and sprinkled glitter on the paint while it was still wet.
Then I glued on all the little jewels, crystals, beads, and other shiny odds and ends. I used glue called E6000 glue. It's known to the state of California to cause cancer which means it will glue anything together.
Here are some close up shots of the former forgotten treasures.

Cute :) It's always the stuff that causes cancer that works the best isn't it?
ReplyDeleteWow that's a great idea!! I wish I would have done that with mine...I just chucked mine:)
ReplyDeleteThat's a lot of jewlry!
ReplyDeleteI love your step-by-step pictures. You have the funnest projects!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I'm glad that it doesn't cause cancer in Utah!
Wow Val you are in inspiration. When is your version of better homes and gardens going to come out?
ReplyDelete