Pages

Saturday, June 27, 2009

This week -- the bad and the good

So this has been a happy and sad week for me.

First the bad. Father's day was kind of hard for me. For some reason I felt sad that Brandon wasn't a father yet. It was kind of hard to listen to the speakers in church, and I kept feeling like it was my fault we don't have kids. The feeling passed. And I'm working on being grateful for this time that we have and to make the best of it.

Then on Tuesday Brandon went on his instrument stage two check ride and didn't pass it. Now the fact that he was even able to take the test should have made me happy. He has been working on getting ready to take this test since before he met me. It has been a long hard road. We've pushed through it together and I have always been able to cheer him up and tell him to keep trying. But he didn't pass the test and we both got discouraged. I was mainly upset at the USU flight school. I'm so fed up with the mismanagement and inefficiencies of that flight school. I have a lot of fears that it will take them a long time to feel that Brandon is ready to do the check ride again.

But Brandon has assured me he wont let that happen. We had a long talk about it on Wednesday night and I am fully confident in my husband again. (The flight school I still have my doubts about.)

But I have not been gloomy all week. Here are the happy things that we have been able to do.

Last Friday we went to our ward Camp out at Cinnamon Creek Camp ground. It is a Church owned camp ground and our site was named Eden. We are on the activities committee and were able to be in charge of some of the organisation. We really enjoyed hanging out with our ward. This is our third ward camp out with the 61st ward and it was one of the best.
We set up the tent in about 8 minutes flat. Another couple was watching us and they said that they watched another couple put up the same tent in about 45 minutes. Well we have had it the whole two years we've been married. The other couple was setting theirs up for the first time.
On Father's day my Dad, Mom and younger brother and sister came to eat. They'd spent the weekend in Rexburg with my other sister. We served them a salad with barbecue chicken.
For dessert we had an Angel food cake that Brandon made from scratch. It was heavenly.
For Family home Evening on Monday we went to the Wellsville mountains with our friend Trevor.
He took us on some jeep trails.
And a little hike.
The view of Cache Valley was amazing! Later this summer we want to hike all the way to the top of the Wellsvilles.
My garden has also had a great week. Everything has really enjoyed the rain.
The real stars of the show right now are the sweet peas that I have on my balcony. They smell sooooo good.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about the bad, don't let it get you down. It looks like the good is great though. You two look like you have a lot of fun together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandon's cake gives new meaning to the word "Angel Food."

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers