Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

Scanning Pictures

Back in February I noticed that my parents had a big box full of family pictures that weren't organised very well. Seeing that box all disorderly brought back my feelings from when I was working as an auditor and would find a bad property - "Look at this mess, What the heck, I can't believe this. Grr"

I couldn't let the box stay disorganized so I "stole" the box and the scanner. Over the past few months I've been scanning and organised the pictures. I kind of bit off more than I could chew, but I finally got them all scanned and tucked neatly back in the albums. All I can say is that if I hadn't discovered the first season of Lost on DVD this project would not be done yet.

Here are some of the pictures that are now digitally preserved.

This is my family in 2004 standing in our front yard.
My family in 1999 in Bryce Canyon.
Me and my dad when I was baptized.
Digging a hole in 1993. (This is how I spent most of my childhood - when I wasn't reading)
This is me on the hike on Timpanogos.
It's going to be a while before I feel like scanning anything again, but I'm glad I did this project. Seeing all the photo albums all neat and orderly gives me a warm glow.

2 comments:

  1. I love it when people scan old photos! You found Lost, Season 1 at the library didn't you? I love that we can order things from other libraries in the county. I just wish they had more seasons of Monk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh-You should do a "recreate" photos of the girls. Where you take similar outfits at the same place and recreate your favorite childhood pics with your kids--Then post them side by side!
    Like the one of the girls in Brandons baby overalls. ;D

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers