We were orphans when it came to firework shows this year. For years Brandon's family has gone to Taylorsville Dayzz which is held just down the street from his parents house. However, his parents sold their house earlier this year which meant no good parking spots and no Taylorsville Dayzz party.
We ended up going to two firework shows. The first one was on Saturday Night at the golf course in North Salt Lake. We went about 8:00 and laid out two sleeping bags. We enjoyed the fun atmosphere and the cool evening air. At 10:00 the show started. It was a good show. Lydia cried a tiny bit at the beginning, but once she noticed that Brandon and I were not scared she calmed down and enjoyed the show. Charlotte loved the whole thing.
Afterward we waited about 15 minutes before slowly walking to our car. Even with the wait we were still stuck in a traffic jam for about 30 minutes. But the show was worth it.
Then on Monday, July 4th we had a family party with my Dad's family. We love these parties. I had lots of Aunts and Cousins to help me with the girls. Brandon was able to play with my little cousins who adore him and love the attention he gives them. This is one of the only pictures I took at the party. What you can't see is Brandon is in a little tiny room in this picture. His legs were sticking out the door.
That evening we went to the Firework show at the DATC near my uncle's house. We followed behind my uncle, but our cars were separated as the crowds of people thickened. We decided to find a parking spot that would allow us to get out of the area quickly. So we parked facing away from the show and walked back to the grassy area. For a few minutes we held out hope that we would miraculously find my uncle's family. That didn't happen so we found ourselves a nice spot on a hill and waited about 10 minutes for the show to start.
The girls watched the show from their stroller and they liked it. It was a really good show. About 10 different songs were played during the show. The girls actually fell asleep by the finale. Once the last firework faded away we booked it back to the car and were on the road home within a few minutes. We were home before 11:00.Here is a little update on some of the things the girls have done lately. Lydia can basically crawl now. She is still a little slow at it, but she can definitely go forward and get what ever she wants. Charlotte still rolls everywhere. Both girls have discovered the linoleum in our hall/utility room. They go into that room all the time.
The girls had their first meal at the table a few days ago. And it was at Cafe Windchime. It kind of happened by accident. They were both awake and demanding attention right when Brandon finished cooking dinner. So we brought their high chairs out and fed them noodles while we at spaghetti.
And here I am with the girls. As you can see, Lydia is starting to smile for the camera. Every time I get the camera out she starts crawling towards me so she can play with it. 
I've said this before but I'll say it again. I LOVE twins. I think I would be so bored with just one baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment
What do you think?